We were struck by the creativity of Sarah Weippert in her winning entry for our win your wish list contest (blog category). Wonderful to read about her creative endeavors in the “off-season”, when her duties with Soper Ocean Services and Gurnet Trading allow. Great to be introduced to your creativity Sarah, wishing you the best in all your endeavors!
Karen LaPorte maintains a wonderful and inspiring blog. Thoroughly enjoyed her entry (which won the social category) and browsing her blog! She’s doing wonderful design work – fun, sassy, classic! – as well as selling finished works on Etsy. Congrats and thanks for inspiring us!
Congratulations to all, and thank you to all participants! We feel enriched and inspired by our creative customers.
Since it’s the end of the year congratulations are in order for 3 individuals, our monthly, quarterly and year end winners. So congratulation to…
Carol M. from Ridgecrest, CA! She is the winner of the December drawing for a $10 Halcyon Yarn gift certificate coupon.
Linda W. from Titusville, FL! She is the winner of the 4th quarter drawing for a $25 Halcyon Yarn gift certificate coupon.
And drum roll please… Our annual drawing for a $50 Halcyon Yarn gift certificate coupon goes to Marilyn P. from Wicomico Church, VA.
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to give us feedback. We really appreciate it. Please keep your comments coming in 2015.
Remember, you could be a winner too. Each time you place an order you’ll receive a “WIN” Ticket or an on-line feedback survey. Respond to either and you’ll automatically be entered in our monthly, quarterly and year end drawing (see the link for complete details).
Our Cozy Kiddos hat and mitten collection is in full swing here at Halcyon Yarn! We’ve been fortunate to receive some lovely cozy items but we’re always looking for more.
Make sure to come by the shop this Saturday December 13th, we’ll have free patterns and refreshments if you’d like to stay and knit for this great cause. Bring your stash yarn and needles and whip up a little something warm! Event hours are 10am – 2pm.
Can’t make it in – we’ll gladly accept items through the mail as well as in the shop during regular hours at the address below. Please join Halcyon Yarn’s effort to knit and collect hats and mittens to be distributed to local schools and facilities this winter. Chilly kids come in all sizes from toddlers to teens, let’s work together together to keep them warm!
12 School St
Bath ME 04530
Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm
Sat 9am – 4pm
Sun 12pm – 3:30pm
Three days left to “win your wish list”! $300, $200, and $50 gift certificates are up for grabs.
It’s been fun to see lists being made, and we’ve had some great feedback as well. Most recently we made it easier to add items to your fist wish list by simplifying the interface. Have you given it a try yet? Be sure to do so by Friday, December 12th to enter the contest. With questions, email Amos!
Entering is as easy as 1,2,3:
1) Make a wish list. Here is how.
2) Share it. With the share button! Or on your blog…
3) Let us know / enter contest here!
Be sure to check out all the details here.
Wish – Share – Win! UPDATE: Deadline extended to 12/12/2014.
Fiber artists are creative, unique and inspiring individuals, who have creative, unique and inspiring tastes, which can make buying a gift for a fiber artist a little tricky. So – do your friends and family a favor and create your own Halcyon Yarn Wishlist! Share your custom Wishlist via email, social media, public blog or website to get the word out and you could even Win-Your-Wishlist!*
Anyone can make and share wish-lists on our website, just log in (accounts are free of course!) to get started. Halcyon is offering three Win-Your-Wishlist prizes. To enter, create a wish list (how-to / tips here), share it, and then let us know about it.
Here are the categories and prizes:
- Blog / website share category, $300 gift certificate: One winner who has shared their inspiring wish list on their public blog/website. We are so SO indebted to the countless fiber-arts blogs out there with inspiring and helpful ideas, materials, how-to’s and more. The grand prize is a way of thanking those who blog or have their own website, in recognition of the rewards that we find from this source. (If you would like to start your own blog/website, there are plenty of ways to do so for free: blogger, wordpress are two popular services. Try it, it’s fun!)
- Social media share, $200 gift certificate: One winner who has shared their wish list publicly on social media. Social media is inspiring too! It’s quick and easy, and a great way to share inspiration
- Public wish-list, $50 gift certificate: Two prizes to customers who simply create a public wish list on our site. Feel free to email this wish list to spouses, friends and relatives. There is even an easy “email” link for each wish-list so you can inspire others to create (or give them confidence to give a fiber-arts gift that will be adored)
To be eligible, the wish-lists must:
- Be public and have descriptive text entered for its “name” and “description” fields.
- For the social media and blog prizes, the wishlist must be shared publicly, and we need to be able to find it:
- Blogs / your website: let us know the URL so we can check it out
- Facebook: either post to your timeline and make the post “public”, or share to our facebook page so we can see it
- Twitter: tag your tweet with #halcyonwishlist so we can find it
- Pintrest: tag your pin with #halcyonwishlist so we can find it
- You may enter up to three times:
- enter one list that is eligible in up to three categories (share it multiple places!)
- enter a separate list in each category
- You must let us know about your entry by
December 1st, December 12th, 2014, by filling out this form
Criteria to win:
- Winners will be selected by Halcyon Yarn staff. Staff will vote to determine the lists that are most inspiring in each category. We’ll be looking for lists that are original, creative, and make us want to create! Therefore, please use the list description to say why the item(s) you have put on your list are there, what would/will you make with them, and why you want/recommend them
- Since Halcyon staff will be voting on entries, and staff will be recusing themselves from voting on entries that were posted by family or personal friends, local customers may wish to inquire before entering
- Must let us know about your wishlist entry by Dec. 1st, 2014. We will review entries the following week, and announce a winner in a subsequent newsletter
To make your own wishlist just log-in to our site (user accounts are free of course!). Then visit individual yarn and equipment pages, where you should see a “+ wishlist” button. Click it to create and add items to as many lists as you like.
*The value of items on your list may be any amount; the “win your wish-list” prize will be in the form of a Halcyon Yarn gift certificate, good for the amount of the prize for that category. Questions on details, how-to, or other? Contact Amos.
Visit our wish-list-entry page to participate. Have fun sharing and good luck!
Leaves are falling and so is the temperature! We’ve already seen snow and there’s definitely more to come. Doesn’t it feel good to slip on a warm pair of mittens or a nice knit hat on a chilly day? Let’s not forget the little hands and heads that may not have such cozy items this season.
Join Halcyon Yarn’s effort to knit and collect hats and mittens to be distributed to local schools and facilities this winter. We are already collecting items right here in our shop and you can add to it by dropping off your knits during our store hours. Can’t make it in – we’ll gladly accept items through the mail as well. See our hours and address below.
Make sure to come by the shop on Saturday December 13th, we’ll have free patterns and refreshments if you’d like to stay and knit for this great cause. Bring your stash yarn and needles and whip up a little something warm! Event hours are 10am – 2pm.
Chilly kids come in all sizes from toddlers to teens, let’s work together together to keep them warm!
Want to start knitting right away?
Download our FREE Cozy Kiddos Hat pattern.
Drop off items at Halcyon Yarn, 12 School St Bath ME 04530 during open hours:
- Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm
- Sat 9am – 4pm
- Sun 12pm – 3:30pm
Wow – Halcyon Yarn’s Annual Open House was fantastic! THANK YOU to everyone who was part of this special day. We so value the expertise of our demonstrators and the time they spent exhibiting their skills and sharing their knowledge. It was amazing to see the shop filled with so many loyal customers, as well as new faces. It also goes without saying, the continued support from those of you who shopped with us on-line and over the phone is appreciated beyond words. We’d like to take a moment to share photos from the day. If you weren’t able to be part of our annual Open House this year, mark your calendars for next year. It comes just once a year and it’s always the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. See you October 10, 2015!
Halcyon Yarn’s Annual Open House is tomorrow October 11th, 2014 from 9am-4pm! Come celebrate with us on Saturday and take advantage of the great savings and enjoy the festivities. It comes just once a year, so you don’t want to miss it. Check out our previous post for all the details of the day.
The entire city of Bath, ME will be a buzz with activity as it celebrates Autumnfest, so plan to make a day of it!
Recap: What’s Happening at the Store
The shop will be filled with demonstrators showcasing different fiber arts such as weaving, spinning, rug hooking, crocheting and felting. There will be the ever popular “stash bags” and sales on shop samples. All sale yarns and books will be further reduced for extra savings. *Plus, all purchases that day will receive an additional discount of 10%-25% off. It’s a great time to stock up for cool weather and holiday projects and see the latest ideas and new yarns.
Here’s who and what you’ll see…
- Marianne Dubois – wet and needle felting
- Susan Douglas – fiber blending on a blending board
- Sybil Shiland – floor loom weaving
- Eileen Antell – lucet braiding
- Linda Whiting – tapestry weaving
- Liz Johnson – rigid heddle weaving
- The Tuesday Twisted Spinsters – Halcyon Yarn’s Tuesday spinning group
- Susie Stephenson & Liz Stoyko – rug hooking
- Denice Sharp – spinning funky art yarn
- Betsey Bailey – crochet
- Demos of useful fiber tools
See you tomorrow!