Introducing the Ethereal Woven Cowl, a gossamer weight woven infinity scarf as pure and clean as the driven snow. So light and airy you’ll hardly know you’re wearing anything. Its tonal white beauty is created by combining a natural white extra fine merino boucle in the warp with a winter white lace weight superkid mohair and silk blend in the weft. A simple plain weave structure, ideal for the rigid heddle, creates a woven fabric epitomizing timeless elegance. It’s weightless warmth you’ll love to wear indoors or out.
You’ll love the simplicity of the structure and the beauty of the finished project. It’s easily woven in a weekend. So pick up a kit to weave a gorgeous gift for a friend or loved one or give the kit as a gift to your favorite weaver. The Ethereal Cowl Kit is a limited edition. Unfortunately the warp yarn is no longer being manufactured. So get it while you can. You won’t be disappointed.
Requires a 2-shaft loom with at a 10″ weaving width, sett at 12 epi. Approximately 8″ wide with 54″ circumference. Available in white only.
|Add a bit of sparkle to your winter wardrobe with the new Inspire Hat Kit. With its subtly sequined yarn, this quick to knit hat will appeal to the little princess in everyone. After all, who doesn’t like a little “bling”. Beth’s daughter Gracious certainly does. She gave the hat an emphatic thumbs up. Each kit comes complete with yarn, pom-pom and knitting instructions (inside the label) all for the amazingly low price of $12.95.|
At that price you can afford to make one for all the ladies on your gift list. Available in 4 colors:
Need help coming up with that perfect gift? Want something that will be appreciated and most importantly used by the fiber lover in your life? A Halcyon Yarn Gift Certificate is the perfect choice. Better yet, from now until the end of 2014, your gift recipient could receive a little something extra. For every $50 in gift certificates (per person), your gift recipient will receive a *$5 Halcyon Dollars Coupon to be used in April of 2015. The bigger the gift certificate the greater the Halcyon Dollars. For example, a $200 gift certificate will earn $20 Halcyon Dollars. Think of it as a gift for now and a gift for later.
So easy to order and so easy to use. Have your Halcyon Yarn Gift Certificate sent directly to the recipient or to you. If you prefer we can even e-mail. Gift certificates from Halcyon Yarn never expire. Perfect for all special occasions.
If ordering your gift certificate on-line please specify in the comment line at check out, the recipient and if you’d like a special message.
Want to pair your gift certificate with a little extra something? Check out our gift guide.
*The coupon(s) will ship directly to the specified shipping address.
Making a wish list is quick and easy
…And, if you make a wish list, you can:
The first step to enter is to make a wish list. Here is how:
- Start by finding items you love – use the site search or site navigation menus
- Click the “+Wishlist” button on individual product pages, or “+list” button on category pages
- In the pop-up window, type the name of a new wish list, or select an existing list
- Click “Save”, then close the pop-up
- Search, or use site navigation to find your next item to add
- Repeat until your list is done
- That’s it!
Making the most of a wish list:
- You can view your wish lists by clicking on “My Acct”, and then selecting “Projects, wish lists”
- Add a description to your wish list
- Click and drag items up or down in your list to re-0rder them
- Add notes to individual items
- If you plan to enter your wish list in the “win your wish list” contest, make sure it is set to “public”
- Share it!
- Let us know about it so you can win!
- Questions? Be sure to email Amos and ask for help.
Wish – Share – Win!
Fiber artists are creative, unique and inspiring individuals, who have creative, unique and inspiring tastes, which can make buying a gift for a fiber artist a little tricky. So – do your friends and family a favor and create your own Halcyon Yarn Wishlist! Share your custom Wishlist via email, social media, public blog or website to get the word out and you could even Win-Your-Wishlist!*
Anyone can make and share wish-lists on our website, just log in (accounts are free of course!) to get started. Halcyon is offering three Win-Your-Wishlist prizes. To enter, create a wish list (how-to / tips here), share it, and then let us know about it.
Here are the categories and prizes:
- Blog / website share category, $300 gift certificate: One winner who has shared their inspiring wish list on their public blog/website. We are so SO indebted to the countless fiber-arts blogs out there with inspiring and helpful ideas, materials, how-to’s and more. The grand prize is a way of thanking those who blog or have their own website, in recognition of the rewards that we find from this source. (If you would like to start your own blog/website, there are plenty of ways to do so for free: blogger, wordpress are two popular services. Try it, it’s fun!)
- Social media share, $200 gift certificate: One winner who has shared their wish list publicly on social media. Social media is inspiring too! It’s quick and easy, and a great way to share inspiration
- Public wish-list, $50 gift certificate: Two prizes to customers who simply create a public wish list on our site. Feel free to email this wish list to spouses, friends and relatives. There is even an easy “email” link for each wish-list so you can inspire others to create (or give them confidence to give a fiber-arts gift that will be adored)
To be eligible, the wish-lists must:
- Be public and have descriptive text entered for its “name” and “description” fields.
- For the social media and blog prizes, the wishlist must be shared publicly, and we need to be able to find it:
- Blogs / your website: let us know the URL so we can check it out
- Facebook: either post to your timeline and make the post “public”, or share to our facebook page so we can see it
- Twitter: tag your tweet with #halcyonwishlist so we can find it
- Pintrest: tag your pin with #halcyonwishlist so we can find it
- You may enter up to three times:
- enter one list that is eligible in up to three categories (share it multiple places!)
- enter a separate list in each category
- You must let us know about your entry by December 1st, 2014, by filling out this form
Criteria to win:
- Winners will be selected by Halcyon Yarn staff. Staff will vote to determine the lists that are most inspiring in each category. We’ll be looking for lists that are original, creative, and make us want to create! Therefore, please use the list description to say why the item(s) you have put on your list are there, what would/will you make with them, and why you want/recommend them
- Since Halcyon staff will be voting on entries, and staff will be recusing themselves from voting on entries that were posted by family or personal friends, local customers may wish to inquire before entering
- Must let us know about your wishlist entry by Dec. 1st, 2014. We will review entries the following week, and announce a winner in a subsequent newsletter
To make your own wishlist just log-in to our site (user accounts are free of course!). Then visit individual yarn and equipment pages, where you should see a “+ wishlist” button. Click it to create and add items to as many lists as you like.
*The value of items on your list may be any amount; the “win your wish-list” prize will be in the form of a Halcyon Yarn gift certificate, good for the amount of the prize for that category. Questions on details, how-to, or other? Contact Amos.
Visit our wish-list-entry page to participate. Have fun sharing and good luck!
For far flung fiber friends, free fare for fiber! AKA, free US Ground shipping on orders over $100!*
This is our holiday treat to you, our dedicated customers. The economics of it might not really work out for us, but we’re in the holiday spirit, and we want to share the fiber arts far and wide!
*Free US Ground shipping (we select UPS or USPS). Expedited and international shipping excluded. Offer also excludes oversize items, items requiring special handling, or special orders. Please call if you have questions 1-800-341-0282. Offer valid through 12/31/2014.
Halcyon Dollars are back and that means you get paid to shop! Who doesn’t like the sound of that, especially in the heart of the holiday season.
So go ahead and start earning Halcyon Dollars. It’s our way of wishing you “Happy Holidays” and giving you something to look forward to in the spring. Halcyon Dollars will be good for redemption in April, 2015. Remember Green Stamps? Halcyon Dollars: aka cash for cashmere, moolah for mohair, dinero for darning needles, bucks for (warping) boards, currency for (Addi-)Clicks, funds for fiber… Anyway, you get the picture!
Here’s how it works. Starting Saturday November 15th, 2014 through December 31st 2014, for every $50* (before tax and shipping) you spend with Halcyon Yarn (online, instore, phone), you’ll earn a $5 Halcyon Dollars Coupon to be used in April of 2015! The more you spend, the more you earn in Halcyon Dollars. For example, orders over $50 will earn $5 Halcyon Dollars, orders over $100 will earn $10 Halcyon Dollars, orders over $150 will earn $15 Halcyon Dollars and so on. We’ll put the coupon(s) in your order when it ships – save the codes for use in April! It’s that easy. Come April, if you’re feeling generous feel free to pass the Halcyon Dollars Coupons along to friends and family. They can be redeemed by anyone.
Make sure to put them in a safe place as you will need the code on the dollars to redeem in April. Please note Halcyon Yarn does not keep record of your individual codes, so without them, your dollars cannot be redeemed.
* Purchases at wholesale and Bulk Price 3 are not eligible.
This is mesmerizing. A great article, and great video from the Guardian on a monumental tapestry by Dovecot for Scottish Opera.
In some of the earliest writings to record the lives of youth, weaving apprenticeship played a central role, according to a study by the University of Oslo team translating the writings.
Pillipino women weaving through recovery after devastating storm Yolanda.
An update on the NY marathon runner who knit a scarf, while running, to raise awareness of, and funds for, alzheimers research. He did it in record time! Pretty amazing finger knitting too…