Friday, October 6th, 2017 Posted in Current Issue, Events, General News, On Sale | No Comments »
Annual Halcyon Yarn Open House, In-store & Online!
Halcyon Yarn Open House – Saturday only!
Saturday October 7th, 2017 • 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Join us for our huge annual open house sale and celebration at Halcyon Yarn! Every October we welcome visitors from all over the country for a giant yarn party – we hope you’ll join us this Saturday for a fun-filled day of fiber arts. The day includes prizes, demonstrators, refreshments and great savings all day!
Please note that telephone customer service will not be available Saturday. Feel free to leave a message (no orders please) and we’ll return your call when we’re back to business as usual next week!
Open House is online too, until midnight Saturday: HALCYONYARN.COM
Can’t make it in person? Shop online until midnight Saturday and save! All orders placed online between midnight EST Friday and midnight EST Saturday will receive the same great savings you’d receive in person. You’ll get at least 10% off, plus we’ll draw a mystery discount for your chance at 15%, 20%, 25% or even 30% off your order! You’ll receive a special fall coupon with your order on Saturday too. Please note, discount excludes Floor Looms, Gift Certificates, special order items, and bulk price three.
What to look forward to in the shop!
Everything in the shop is at least 10% off, plus when you get to the register, you have the chance to draw a higher discount out of the basket. Your total discount could be up to 30% off! There are plenty of additional items on sale too. Enjoy great savings and fiber arts demonstrations, plus free refreshments – including local cider and snacks served all day!
Indigo – New this year, we’ll have a community indigo vat that you may dip yarn or finished fabrics and small garments into. Dipping is free, you just need to bring something you want to turn blue! Dips will be from 11:00-noon and again from 1:30-3:00. White yarns and cloth will be available to purchase, or you can bring your own!
Demonstrations include: tapestry weaving, rug hooking, spinning & fiber blending, weaving, lucet braiding, warp painting, lamp-work glass. Woven rugs by Hector Jaeger will be on display with an opportunity to meet the artist.
If you haven’t been to the store recently you’re in for some surprises! We’ve made some fun renovations and we’ve made even more room for amazing yarn, fiber and tools. Come by to see what’s new…
A great time to visit Bath, Maine!
Not only is our annual Open House a terrific day, there’s a lot of great stuff going on in Bath, so why not make a weekend of it! Whether you’re from around the corner or traveling many miles… Bring friends and family (even non-yarn-loving ones!) for a beautiful New England weekend. There’s plenty of parking at the store and getting here is easy. It is peak foliage season and October 7th is also Bath’s annual Autumnfest so there are plenty of activities for the whole family right here in our charming downtown. Located less than an hour from Portland, or Rockland/Camden, and less than three hours from Boston, the Bath area makes a great weekend trip if you want to experience fall in Maine!
Whether you’re here for Open House, or planning to visit another time, we’d love to see you here in Bath! Just because summer is winding down doesn’t mean visiting season is over. The Halcyon Yarn retail store is located in downtown Bath, on Coastal Route One in Midcoast Maine. We’re open 7 days a week and we love welcoming visitors from all over the world to our shop and to our community. Take a class, test drive equipment, sign up for a lesson, or just enjoy browsing over 6,000 square feet of distinctive yarns, fiber, books, and equipment! Bath is also home to great B&B’s a lovely waterfront downtown (a Great American Main Street winner!), as well as being close to many beautiful Maine coast attractions – here are a few area highlights:
- Downtown Bath: Shopping, dining, art galleries, historical architecture, and beautiful city parks are all found in our friendly and easily walkable downtown, along the picturesque Kennebec River.
- Maine Maritime Museum: Bath is know as the City of Ships, and the nationally acclaimed museum’s 20 acre waterfront campus, next to the Bath Ironworks shipyard, offers visitors a unique look at the culture and history of the region’s maritime history. With galleries, including the newly opened “Into The Lantern: A lighthouse experience”, trolley tours around town, and river cruises on the Kennebec, there’s something for everyone at the museum.
- Reid State Park, Fort Popham & Popham Beach State Park are both within a half hour drive from the shop and offer sweeping ocean views, sand beaches, hiking, and excellent wildlife viewing.
- Freeport: Home of L.L. Bean & outlet shopping is also less than half an hour from us. Stock up on classic bean boots to compliment your handknit socks!
- Portland: Less than 40 minutes south is Maine’s biggest city. A vibrant food and art scene, with a small port-town feel. Check out the great dining, shopping, and cultural offerings or take a cruise on Casco Bay!
See you at Open House!