Hours, Guarantee, Privacy, Security
Curbside Pickup Hours: Please note, retail store is only open for curbside pickup.
- Curbside pickup hours: Monday – Friday noon to 5:00 pm
- Phone hours: Monday – Friday 11 am to 5:00 pm
- Due to limited staffing, we may not be able to pick up the phone right away. Please leave your name and number. Please do not leave your order on voice mail. We will call you back to take your order. Thank you!
Please note that we are closed the following holidays in 2023:
- Monday, May 29th (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, July 4th (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 4th (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 23rd (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 24th (Native American Heritage Day)
- Monday, December 25th (Christmas Day)
- Monday, January 1st, 2024 (New Year’s Day)
You'll always receive the best possible goods and service from Halcyon Yarn. We hope you'll enjoy every purchase you make with us! If you do wish to return an item, please follow these guidelines:
Be sure to include a copy of the original invoice and/or the return form on the back of your invoice with your current contact information. Mail item(s) back to us at:
12 School St.
Bath, ME 04530
If you have any questions, please call 800.341.0282, or contact us through our customer support page.
Returns must be made within 60 days of the original purchase, and be in unused condition with original, unopened packaging (labels or sealed packaging) intact. Returns must reference, or be accompanied by the original order receipt. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Goods sold on cones and by weight must be returned at original purchase weight, not wound down.
Except in case of error or defect, we do not accept returns on knitting needles, crochet hooks, sample cards, books, magazines or patterns, special orders or drop shipped items, items which have been assembled, or otherwise modified, items purchased at bulk price three, gift certificates, or clearance items.
Please note that, except in cases of error or defect, return shipping is your responsibility. Please pack your return carefully, we cannot accept or be liable for goods damaged during return shipping.
Refunds are issued via your original method of payment, of for store credit if you prefer. If returned items were purchased as part of a promotion, your return may void associated discounts and return credit will be adjusted accordingly.
Upon receipt of your package please inspect it for any errors or damage that may have occured in transit. If you find a mistake in the contents or billing, please notify us so we can correct it immediately. If your package or goods appear to be damaged in any way, please keep the packaging and contact us so that we can make a claim with the carrier and refund or replace the goods.
When returns or other credits result in credit balances we urge you to make use of them soon. Due to accounting processes we find we must now implement a service charge of $5.00 per year on credit balances remaining over two years from date of issue. Current older charges are retroactive to the date of the credit and over time may result in elimination of the credit. Tracking this is the customer's responsibility. We appreciate your understanding, please contact us if you have any questions, or to check your account for any balances.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. This information will only be used to process orders and facilitate communication between you and Halcyon Yarn. We will not sell, rent, or share your personally identifiable information... (triple) Period!
In addition to the personally identifiable information that we use internally to facilitate processing your order, we may work with third parties in our advertising efforts. Most noteably, to compete in the busy fiber arts world, we may advertise using text and display ads on the google ads network. Doing this requires us to use code supplied by google so that they can:
- Track clicks and visits from Text and Display Advertising, including Remarketing
- Allow third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet
- Allow third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website
While this can be useful for us and for customers, it can also make some folks (including us, at times) a bit un-easy. Luckily, all of this tracking is completely optional. Visitors to our site (or any site) can:
- Opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising
- Customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager
- Exercise fine-grained control of google's third party cookie settings, including site-by-site preferences, using google analytics opt-out browser plugin
- If you are newly concerned about on-line privacy and would like to learn more about disabling tracking both within google's preferences, and using various browsers and browser plugins (while still using google services), we reccomend this cnet.com article which covers many options
Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.