Hours, Guarantee, Privacy, Security
Retail store and phone hours:
- Year round Monday - Saturday:
- Mon. - Fri. 9-6.
- Sat. 10-4
- We do not take phone calls/orders on Sunday
- From Mid-spring through December we are open on Sunday from 11am - 4pm (call to check exact dates).
- From New Years through mid-spring we are closed on Sunday.
If you are dissatisfied with any item or if we have made a mistake in taking, filling, or billing your order, please fill out the form on the back of your invoice and call us right away at 1-800-341-0282. We want you to be happy with our products and with our service.
We request that returns be made within 60 days for a complete refund. Returns made after 60 days will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and receive store credit only. Items returned must be unused and in their original condition.
No returns on sale items or items purchased at bulk price 3; special order items, clearance, and sale items are not generally eligible for return except in certain cases of product defect, please contact us directly in such cases.
When returns or other credits result in credit balances we urge you to make use of them soon. Due to accounting processes we find we must now implement a service charge of $5.00 per year on credit balances remaining over two years from date of issue. Current older charges are retroactive to the date of the credit and over time may result in elimination of the credit. Tracking this is the customer's responsibility. We appreciate your understanding, please contact us if you have any questions, or to check your account for any b alances.
Class Cancellation Policy
Full refund of class fee up to two weeks before a class beginning date. No refund of the class fee within two weeks of the class start date. No refunds after four weeks of the beginning date of a "special" class (FiberME is an example of this and teachers coming from far away). If a class is canceled by Halcyon Yarn for any reason you will receive a full refund.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. This information will only be used to process orders and facilitate communication between you and Halcyon Yarn. We will not sell, rent, or share your personally identifiable information... (triple) Period!
In addition to the personally identifiable information that we use internally to facilitate processing your order, we may work with third parties in our advertising efforts. Most noteably, to compete in the busy fiber arts world, we may advertise using text and display ads on the google ads network. Doing this requires us to use code supplied by google so that they can:
- Track clicks and visits from Text and Display Advertising, including Remarketing
- Allow third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet
- Allow third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website
While this can be useful for us and for customers, it can also make some folks (including us, at times) a bit un-easy. Luckily, all of this tracking is completely optional. Visitors to our site (or any site) can:
- Opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising
- Customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager
- Exercise fine-grained control of google's third party cookie settings, including site-by-site preferences, using google analytics opt-out browser plugin
- If you are newly concerned about on-line privacy and would like to learn more about disabling tracking both within google's preferences, and using various browsers and browser plugins (while still using google services), we reccomend this cnet.com article which covers many options
Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
For Information on Shipping and Handling
We offer a continually changing schedule of classes across a wide range of interests and skill levels. Our classes and events are held at Halcyon Yarn's retail store and warehouse in Bath, Maine. If you are interested in more information visit our classes and social page. To get directions to our store check our directions page.