Tuffy Canadian Sock Yarn∼
Yarn line #127
Tuffy Canadian Sock Yarn description:
Made with care in Canada’s oldest woolen mill, Briggs & Little of New Brunswick. This hearty 2-ply worsted weight yarn is ideal for warm, thick winter socks. With 20% nylon, your socks will hold up to lots of hard use and still look great. Make fun and colorful socks using your leftover worsted weight scraps and just use Tuffy Canadian Sock Yarn for the heel and toe. Or knit the full sock! Great for traditional boot socks as well as leg warmers, rugged mittens, gloves, hats, or camp blankets.
This yarn is a terrific substitute for Collingwood Rug Yarn, although not coned the feel, fiber content and durability are very close.
Handwash or spot clean only.
- Pricing 4 oz hank:
- Mix colors for discounts!
- • $8.15, 1+
- • $7.25, 8.00+
- • For out of stock colors, or orders requesting more than are in stock, backorder expected shipping: 2-4 weeks
Tuffy Canadian Sock Yarn details:
• Fiber content: 80% wool, 20% nylon
• Gauge is K: 4.25 stitches/in on sz 8 • C: 2.75-2.5 stitches/in on sz I-9 to K-10.5
• Wraps/inch (wpi) 11
• Weaving tabby sett 6 - 8
• Weaving twill sett 8 - 10
• Yardage: 860 yards/lb
- • 215 yards/4 oz hank
Feel & see with a yarn sample card: Tuffy Sock Sample Card for 3.75/ea.
We have some suggestions!
We've blogged about this: