Dear Halcyon Yarn Friends & Customers,
It feels great to be enjoying summer – we are so happy to see public safety increasing, flowers blooming, and a feeling of hope and creativity spreading!
Halcyon Yarn’s current operations and schedule are as follows:
Our retail shop remains closed to in-person shopping.
We miss seeing our wonderful customers in person and we are glad to prepare a curbside order for you quite quickly if you happen to be in the neighborhood. More details here.
- Curbside (contact-free) orders available for pick up M-F, 11am – 5pm, except for holidays.
- Shop Online 24/7! Orders ship out M-F and in-stock items typically ship out in 1-4 business days.
- Telephone Customer Service, Monday – Friday, 11am – 5pm (EST).
- Many delivery carriers are experiencing delays due to staffing and safety limitations in certain areas. Likewise many of our vendors are experiencing delays, thereby lengthening wait times for certain items. We sincerely appreciate your patience. If you would like your order expedited, would like to pre-order/back order items, or have questions about availability please call and we’d be glad to help with your order.
- Due to recent changes in delivery processes and VAT policies most international shipping remains suspended at this time.
- Canadian customers may shop online or by phone and Australian/New Zealand customers may place orders by phone.
We continue to offer the same great products and dedicated customer service you can always count on from Halcyon Yarn. We appreciate your understanding and continued support – thank you!
We’re glad to be safely bringing beautiful materials right to your door. You can order online at any time for delivery to the United States and Canada. Due to more limited staffing and changes to international delivery schedules expedited and international order cannot be placed online at this time, however we are glad to coordinate your expedited or international orders over the phone. We are doing our best to ship regular orders within 1-3 business days, however due to our stringent safety protocols and continued delays by many delivery carriers your packages may not arrive as quickly as usual. If you think a package is not on track or have questions about a delivery time please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
In order to maintain timely delivery we are primarily offering in-stock items on the website, however we are glad to place a back order or special orders over the phone, or you can email us here. There is no additional shipping charge for back orders. If there’s something you don’t see online, or if you would like to order equipment or other items temporarily unavailable on the website our customer service representatives are happy to coordinate your order. Please call 800-341-0282, or contact us here.
Most international shipping remains suspended at this time due to continued delivery delays and new tax-compliance regulations. We look forward to resuming international delivery as soon as possible.
TELEPHONE SERVICE ~ 800-341-0282
Customer Service is available by phone:
Monday – Friday between 11am and 5pm (EST).
We’re glad to provide fiber art advice and product recommendations, take your order, provide the status of an order you’ve placed, or arrange for curbside pick-up. Please call 800-341-0282. If all our associates are busy please leave a brief message and we’ll return your call promptly.
For our local customers and shop visitors – we miss you! We are sorry we can’t invite you into the retail shop at this time, however we are glad to get an order ready for you to pick up at our 12 School Street location in Bath, Maine. Our safe and convenient curbside process is completely contact-free.
You may place an order for curbside pickup either by phone or online.
Curbside pickup times:
Noon – 5pm (EST), Monday – Friday.
If you need to make other scheduling arrangements please let us know and we’ll work to accommodate your request.
TELEPHONE – Please call at least an hour in advance of your desired pick up time so that we can confirm your order and have it ready. Please pay by credit card when you order and let us know when you’ll be picking up.
ONLINE – Place your curbside order in our online shopping cart and during the checkout process please select Curbside as your shipping preference. You’ll be prompted to enter a preferred pick up time and the shipping fee will be waived. Only in-stock items are available for curbside and you can place your order at any time up to a week in advance of the selected pick up time.
Your order will be in a paper bag with your name on the outside and the receipt enclosed. Your card will be charged in advance. Orders are on the black shelf in the covered doorway just outside the main entrance from our parking lot. Please park in the lot and if other visitors are at the door please respect at least six feet of physical distance and wear a mask when retrieving your order. The shop door will remain locked and the area is monitored by video. If you have any difficulty please call 800-341-0282 and someone will assist you.
Customer service staff are not available to meet you at the door or let you into the store, pickups are entirely contact-free. Please call or email with any questions.
We cannot accept returns or exchanges in person at this time. Please mail your items to the following address and include your contact information and return/exchange information. If you would like to make a curbside return please leave your item on the shelf and be sure to include a note and contact info.
Halcyon Yarn – Returns, 12 School St., Bath, ME 04530
Returns must be made within 60 days of the original purchase, and be in unused condition with original, unopened packaging (labels or sealed packaging) intact. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Refunds are issued via your original method of payment, or for store credit if you prefer.
Except in case of error or defect, we cannot accept returns on knitting needles, crochet hooks, sample cards, books, magazines or patterns, special orders and drop-shipped items, items which have been used, assembled, or otherwise modified, or clearance items. Additional details can be found on your receipt.
STAYING SAFE AT HALCYON YARN
We want you to know that when you shop from us you can trust that we have taken every precaution to maintain the highest safety standards for all Halcyon Yarn staff, as well as for our delivery people, and for you. Here is what we are doing to maintain the safety of our community:
- We have adjusted the flow of staff on-site so that adequate physical distancing and safety measures can be maintained at all times.
- Masks are provided to and worn by all staff in the common area of the building.
- High filtration HEPA air filters are operating in all work areas and common areas throughout the building.
- High-touch surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- In addition to the installation of additional handwashing stations, sanitizing supplies are provided at workstations and entries, and are used frequently during the handling of incoming and outgoing items.
- Deliveries and outgoing packages are staged so that drivers need not enter the building at any point. For their safety and our staff’s they access packages exclusively through well-ventilated loading areas that are not accessed others during package handling.
- All full-time Halcyon Yarn staff are provided 100% employer-paid group health and dental insurance, along with an employer-funded HSA (health savings account) to offset deductibles. Paid time off and flexible scheduling are provided. We stand by the belief that no one should be without affordable access to health care, especially now.
- Throughout the pandemic we have provided staff with paid emergency leave to quarantine and/or care for children and family who needed to quarantine, or to care for themselves or family members as needed. We are grateful to have had zero workplace infections or exposures.
Halcyon Yarn would not exist without the hard work of our capable and diligent staff. We are thankful for everyone’s efforts and we are grateful for everyone’s efforts to put safety above all else throughout our operation.
As you shop online or in your community we urge you to consider the practices of the companies from whom you acquire goods. Please shop locally and/or with independent businesses when you can, and support BIPOC and other minority-owned businesses. We urge you to patronize those businesses that are putting health, equity, and sustainability in their communities, and the safety of their staff, above the “profit at any cost” model that some businesses have chosen. It is your loyalty as a customer that enables small businesses like ours and others to maintain the high levels of social responsibility, service, and care that we provide to our staff, customers, and communities. Your choices matter and we are grateful!
STAYING IN TOUCH
If you haven’t already, please sign up here for our email newsletter. This is the best way to stay in touch and to receive information and inspiration from Halcyon Yarn. We all need a little extra color and creativity and we look forward to sharing that with you here and on instagram and facebook.
Please contact us online if you have questions or would like further assistance. Many of our staff continue to work remotely and we will reply to all inquiries and messages as soon as possible.
Be well, be creative, and especially be kind to one another!