Our retail shop is closed to in-person shopping for the 2022 summer season.
Dear Halcyon Yarn Friends & Customers,
We miss seeing you all in person, however until we can again offer the safest and best possible shopping experience we remain closed to in-person visitors. Due to the many operational changes we have made over the past two years we can’t just open back up, like we were flipping on a switch. If only it were that easy! We will resume an in-person experience again, but at this time there is no scheduled date for doing so this summer. We appreciate your understanding!
- Curbside (contact-free) orders available for pick up M-F, noon – 5pm, except for holidays.
- Shop Online 24/7! Orders ship out M-F and in-stock items typically ship out in 1-4 business days.
- Telephone Customer Service, Monday – Friday, 11am – 5pm (EST).
We are glad to prepare a curbside order for you quite quickly if you happen to be in the neighborhood. More details here.
- Many delivery carriers are experiencing delays due to staffing and safety limitations in certain areas. Likewise many of our vendors are experiencing delays, thereby lengthening wait times for certain items. We sincerely appreciate your patience. If you would like your order expedited, would like to pre-order/back order items, or have questions about availability please call and we’d be glad to help with your order.
We continue to offer the same great products and dedicated customer service you can always count on from Halcyon Yarn. We appreciate your understanding and continued support – thank you!
We’re glad to be safely bringing beautiful materials right to your door. You can order online at any time, including for curbside orders! We are doing our best to ship regular orders within 1-4 business days, however due to continued delays by many delivery carriers your packages may not arrive as quickly as usual. If you think a package is not on track or have questions about a delivery time please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Due to ongoing delays in delivery processes and changes to VAT policies, international shipping to select countries remains suspended by carriers at this time. You may place international orders online, however if service is not available to your location we will contact you to make other arrangements – you will not be charged unless or until your package is shipped.
In order to maintain timely delivery we are primarily offering in-stock items on the website, however we are glad to discuss a back order or special order by phone, or you can email us here. If there’s something you don’t see online, or if you would like to order equipment or other items temporarily unavailable on the website our customer service representatives are happy to help coordinate your order. Please call 800-341-0282, or contact us here.
TELEPHONE SERVICE ~ 800-341-0282
Customer Service is available by phone:
Monday – Friday between 11am and 5pm (EST).
We’re glad to provide fiber art advice and product recommendations, take your order, provide the status of an order you’ve placed, or arrange for curbside pick-up. Please call 800-341-0282. If all our associates are busy please leave a brief message and we’ll return your call promptly, or contact us here.
For our local customers and shop visitors – we miss you! We are sorry we can’t invite you into the retail shop at this time, however we are glad to get an order ready for you to pick up at our 12 School Street Bath, Maine location. Our safe and convenient curbside process is completely contact-free, quick and easy!
You may place an order for curbside pickup either by phone or online!
Curbside pickup times:
Noon – 5pm (EST), Monday – Friday
If you need to make other scheduling arrangements please let us know and we’ll work to accommodate your request.
TELEPHONE – Please call at least an hour in advance of your desired pick up time so that we can confirm your order and have it ready. Please pay by credit card when you order and let us know when you’ll be picking up.
ONLINE – Place your curbside order in our online shopping cart and during the checkout process please select Curbside as your shipping preference. You’ll be prompted to enter a preferred pick up time and the shipping fee will be waived. Only in-stock items are available for curbside and you can place your order at any time up to a week in advance of the selected pick up time.
Your order will be in a paper bag with your name on the outside and the receipt enclosed. Your card will be charged when your order is received. Orders are on the black shelf in the covered doorway just outside the main entrance from our parking lot. Please park in the lot and if other visitors are at the door please respect physical distancing when retrieving your order. The shop door will remain locked and the area is monitored by video. If you have any difficulty please call 800-341-0282 and someone will assist you.
Customer service staff are not available to meet you at the door or let you into the store, pickups are entirely contact-free. Please call or email with any questions.
We cannot accept returns or exchanges in person at this time. Please mail your items to the following address and include your contact information and return/exchange information. If you would like to make a curbside return please leave your item on the shelf during business hours and be sure to include a note and contact info.
Halcyon Yarn – Returns, 12 School St., Bath, ME 04530
Returns must be made within 60 days of the original purchase, and be in unused condition with original, unopened packaging (labels or sealed packaging) intact. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Refunds are issued via your original method of payment, or for store credit if you prefer.
Except in case of error or defect, we cannot accept returns on knitting needles, crochet hooks, sample cards, books, magazines or patterns, special orders, drop-shipped items, items which have been used, assembled, or otherwise modified, or clearance items. Additional details can be found on your receipt or by contacting customer service.
STAYING SAFE AT HALCYON YARN
We want you to know that when you shop from us you can trust that we have taken every precaution to maintain the highest safety standards for all Halcyon Yarn staff, as well as for our delivery people, and for you. Here is what we are doing to maintain the safety of our community:
- We have adjusted the flow of staff on-site so that adequate physical distancing and safety measures can be maintained at all times.
- Masks are provided to and worn by all staff in the common area of the building.
- High filtration HEPA air filters are operating in all work areas and common areas throughout the building.
- High-touch/shared areas are sanitized regularly.
- In addition to the installation of additional handwashing stations, sanitizing supplies are provided at workstations and entries, and are used frequently during the handling of incoming and outgoing items.
- Deliveries and outgoing packages are staged so that drivers need not enter the building. For their safety and our staff’s they access packages through well-ventilated loading areas that are not accessed by others during package handling.
- All full-time Halcyon Yarn staff are offered 100% employer-paid group health and dental insurance, along with an employer-funded HSA (health savings account) to offset deductibles. Paid time off and flexible scheduling are provided. We stand by the belief that no one should be without affordable access to health care, especially now.
- Throughout the pandemic we have provided staff with emergency leave to quarantine and/or care for children and family who needed to quarantine, or to care for themselves or family members as needed. We are grateful to have had zero workplace infections or exposures.
Halcyon Yarn would not exist without the hard work of our capable and diligent staff. We are thankful for everyone’s efforts and we are grateful to everyone for putting safety above all else throughout our operation.
As you shop online or in your community we urge you to consider the practices of the companies from whom you acquire goods. Please shop locally and/or with independent businesses when you can, and support BIPOC and other minority-owned businesses. We urge you to patronize those businesses that are putting health, equity, and sustainability in their communities, and the safety of their staff, above the “profit at any cost” model that some businesses have chosen. It is your loyalty as a customer that enables small businesses like ours and others to maintain the high levels of social responsibility, service, and care that we provide to our staff, customers, and communities. Your choices matter and we are grateful!
STAYING IN TOUCH
If you haven’t already, please sign up here for our email newsletter. This is the best way to stay in touch and to receive information and inspiration from Halcyon Yarn. We all need a little extra color and creativity and we look forward to sharing that with you here and on instagram and facebook.
PLEASE NOTE: Our website and newsletter are the best way to know about our scheduling and operations. Please do not rely on review sites or online directories. We try to keep those up to date too, however we don’t always know if a third party site (like google or yelp) has outdated information. When in doubt please check with us directly!
Please contact us online if you have questions or would like further assistance. Staff continue to work remotely/hybrid and we will reply to all inquiries and messages as soon as possible.
Be well, be creative, and especially be kind to one another!