Dear Halcyon Yarn Friends and Customers,
We hope that you are staying safe and that you’ll continue making beautiful things during the weeks ahead.
The health and safety of our community, staff, and customers, is our greatest priority. In order to maintain the highest safety standards we are operating with limited staff, therefore, while we are processing online orders, our fulfillment and service response times may be somewhat slower than usual and may change as we continue to adapt.
LIMITED ONLINE ORDERING
We have temporarily closed our retail store, including no longer offering curbside service. We have now modified our operations in order to safely fulfill a limited number of online orders. We’re glad to be safely bringing beautiful materials right to your door. Let’s stay creative together during this challenging time!
STAYING SAFE AT HALCYON YARN
We want you to know that when you shop from us you can trust that we have taken every precaution to maintain the highest safety standards for all Halcyon Yarn staff, as well as for our delivery people, and for you. Here is what we are doing to maintain the safety of our community:
- Only one staff member is permitted on-site per shift and no other staff enter the business for at least twelve hours after each shift ends.
- All high-touch surfaces, including doorknobs, entry areas, and workstations, are sanitized at the start and end of every shift as well as regularly throughout the day.
- An additional handwashing station has been installed and all fulfillment staff are required to wash their hands frequently throughout their shift.
- Sanitizing wipes and liquid are provided at every workstation and entry, and are used frequently during the handling of all incoming and outgoing items.
- Deliveries and outgoing packages are staged so that drivers do not need to enter the building at any point. For their safety and our staff’s they access packages exclusively through well-ventilated loading areas that are not accessed by anyone else during package handling.
- Economic security is an important form of safety. Several of our staff are working from home and some have limited shifts on-site, however all are working reduced hours. We are maintaining full regular pay regardless of hours worked and are continuing to provide fully employer-paid benefits, including health and dental insurance.
Halcyon Yarn would not exist without the hard work of our capable and diligent staff. We are deeply grateful for everyone’s efforts during this stressful time and we are grateful that we are able to put safety above all else as we continue to operate on a limited basis.
As you shop online in the coming weeks we urge you to consider the practices of the companies from whom you acquire goods. Please patronize those businesses that are putting the health of their community and the safety of their staff above the “profit at any cost” model some businesses have chosen. It is your loyalty as a customer that enables small businesses like ours and others to maintain the high levels of social responsibility, service, and care that we provide. Your choices matter and we are grateful!
STAYING IN TOUCH
If you haven’t already, please sign up here for our email newsletter. This is the best way to stay in touch and to receive information and inspiration while we’re closed. We’ll all need a little color and creativity to get through this, we look forward to sharing that with you here and on instagram and facebook.
Please contact us online if you have questions or would like further assistance. We will reply as soon as possible. Many of our staff are working remotely, therefore we are unable to take your phone calls at this time.
We realize it’s a privilege to be able to step back and take comfort in the “staying in” activities we love. Please, be extra kind and supportive of those who cannot easily take that time and are continuing to work and be in service, or who may be more isolated than ever. Consider this moment a respite if you can, and find comfort in the simple pleasures of making, and of giving. We’ll be staying in touch and we look forward to providing you with the best possible services and the comfort of the crafts we love in the weeks to come.
Be well, be safe, be creative, and especially be kind to one another. We are grateful for all of you, our wonderful customers, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
All my best,
President, Halcyon Yarn