Lopi the very word conjures up images of traditional yoked sweaters in natural colors. But take a closer look at this yarn! Lopi isnt so traditional anymore. A wide array of contemporary colors makes it perfect for todays styles.
- traditional Icelandic a lightly spun single ply yarn
- nearly instant gratification!
- Lopi sweaters keep you warm on the coldest winter days
- a favorite for knitting oversize and felting
Traditionally knit in-the-round, Icelandic pullovers and cardigans are fast and easy projects. Leftovers are great for making hats and mittens. For a fun project, knit your piece oversized and then try felting to create extra warm and durable garments and accessories.
Its suitable for weft but not warp since it is too loosely spun.
- great for blankets, jackets, shawls, and wall hangings
- works well as a twill threading with Harrisville Highland, Bartlett worsted, or Peace Fleece at 6-10 epi
(Use a 1 up 3 down tie-up so the Lopi will sit on the surface and show off. weave 1-3 tabby shots between Lopi wefts to create a firm backing.)
Lopi is a little too soft to use as a warp, but it makes a great weft for blankets, jackets and shawls, as well as wall hangings.
This is a great way to combine texture with color and weave effects.
Care: Handwash gently in cool water with a delicate laundry soap. Do not wring or agitate as this yarn will felt. Block and lay flat to dry.
Pricing 3.5 oz ball:
Mix colors for discounts!
• $12.50, 1+
• $11.25, 8+
• For out of stock colors, backorders are not available at this time
I always find what I am looking for at Halcyon and I know it is of great quality. I know I can depend on my order arriving fast and accurately. I love Halcyon!!!! Thanks so much for your great service.
” M. Z., Portland, OR