Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn∼
Yarn line #019
vendor color: 0163 darksoftpurple
Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn details:
• Fiber content: 100% Wool
• Gauge is K: 3.25 - 3.5 stitches/in on sz 10 - 10.5 • C: 2-1.38 stitches/in on sz K-10.5 to M-13
• Wraps/inch (wpi) 8
• Yardage: 500 yards/lb
- • 110 yards/3.5 oz ball
Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn description:
Lopi – the very word conjures up images of traditional yoked sweaters in natural colors. But take a closer look at this yarn! Lopi isn’t so traditional anymore. A wide array of contemporary colors makes it perfect for today’s styles.
- traditional Icelandic • a lightly spun single ply yarn
- nearly instant gratification!
- Lopi sweaters keep you warm on the coldest winter days
- a favorite for knitting oversize and felting
Traditionally knit ”in-the-round”, Icelandic pullovers and cardigans are fast and easy projects. Leftovers are great for making hats and mittens. For a fun project, knit your piece oversized and then try felting to create extra warm and durable garments and accessories.
It’s suitable for weft but not warp since it is too loosely spun.
- great for blankets, jackets, shawls, and wall hangings
- works well as a twill threading with Harrisville Highland, Bartlett worsted, or Peace Fleece at 6-10 epi
(Use a 1 up 3 down tie-up so the Lopi will sit on the surface and show off. weave 1-3 tabby shots between Lopi wefts to create a firm backing.)
Lopi is a little too soft to use as a warp, but it makes a great weft for blankets, jackets and shawls, as well as wall hangings.
This is a great way to combine texture with color and weave effects.
Care: Handwash gently in cool water with a delicate laundry soap. Do not wring or agitate as this yarn will felt. Block and lay flat to dry.
We have some suggestions!
We've blogged about this: