Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn∼
Yarn line #019
vendor color: Alafoss 0058 darkgreyheather
Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn details:
• Fiber content: 100% Wool
• Gauge is K: 3.25 - 3.5 stitches/in on sz 10 - 10.5 • C: 2-1.38 stitches/in on sz K-10.5 to M-13
• Wraps/inch (wpi) 8
• Yardage: 500 yards/lb
- • 110 yards/3.5 oz ball
Lopi Alafoss Icelandic Wool Yarn description:
Lopi – the very word conjures up images of traditional yoked sweaters in natural colors. But take a closer look at this yarn! Lopi isn't so traditional anymore. A wide array of contemporary colors makes it perfect for today's styles.
- traditional Icelandic • a lightly spun single ply yarn
- nearly instant gratification!
- Lopi sweaters keep you warm on the coldest winter days
- a favorite for knitting oversize and felting
Traditionally knit ”in-the-round”, Icelandic pullovers and cardigans are fast and easy projects. Leftovers are great for making hats and mittens. For a fun project, knit your piece oversized and then try felting to create extra warm and durable garments and accessories.
- works well as a twill threading with Harrisville Highland, Bartlett worsted, or Peace Fleece at 6-10 epi (Use a 1 up 3 down tie-up so the Lopi will sit on the surface and show off. weave 1-3 tabby shots between Lopi wefts to create a firm backing.)
Lopi is a little too soft to use as a warp, but it makes a great weft for blankets, jackets and shawls, as well as wall hangings.
This is a great way to combine texture with color and weave effects.
Care: Hand wash cool water or dry clean
We have some suggestions!
We've blogged about this: